Wednesday, February 11, 2009

If I Were a Roman Gladiator...

Rome, 2nd time. Because it was one of the program's scheduled trips, I ended up going to Rome again this semester. Most of the things I saw and tours I went on were the same, but we had a different and EXCELLENT tour guide this time around. I learned a lot of random things about Rome in addition to some interesting info about the ruins and city. I also had the chance to climb to the top of St. Peter's dome this time. Awesome view. The climb up was interesting though: there were about 5 different types of staircases, including one with long, spiraling steps and another that the walls slanted on. It was a fun climb though. I did a lot more wandering around the city this time...probably walked across the city 2 or 3 times a day. Loooong walk...feet hurt...The one walk across town was to make it to the Colosseum before it closed. The girl I was with and I almost ran the entire mile or so there, but got there just in time--they were closing the gate as we slipped in behind some people! The same girl (her name is Megan too) and I ate dinner together one night at this cool little restaurant a few blocks from the Pantheon. For 12 euro, we got a three course meal with some delicious lasagna and finishing with a huge bowl of kiwi! It was very yummy (I may take Mom and Dad here when we all go to Rome!).
But anyways...here's some pictures, take two...

http://community.webshots.com/album/570048764TmvStG

No comments: