Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Tradegy of a Dead Camera Battery

I guess I'm falling behind in my blog here...
Paris. Rain. Lots and lots of rain. I don't think I had properly dry shoes and socks the five days I was there. I did a lot of typical Parisian stuff: the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, ate crepes (about one a day), etc, etc...The highlight of my entire Paris trip came from a miserable two and a half hours of standing in the freezing cold and rain with wet shoes, unable to put my umbrella up, and getting dripped on by others' umbrellas. But it was all worth it, oh yes, it was worth it:
I visited the Arc de Triomphe one afternoon and it was raining and it was cold. Wonderful day. But I took some pictures of the arc anyways and then my camera decided to die. I had nothing else to do, so I decided to walk down some streets and look for some souvenir shops. I walked along, la di da di da and checked out some stores. As I was walking down one street, I noticed this crowd of people in the middle of the sidewalk I'm like "What's this?" Then I noticed the red pathway. Then I looked up and saw that I was in front of a theatre. I put two and two together...And the movie the theatre was advertising was Quantom of Solace (James Bond). I started to get excited, and asked one of the few official looking people mulling around what's happening. Long and short of our conversation: Daniel Craig was coming to this theatre. So I stood in the rain and FREEZING cold waiting for Daniel Criag to show up. He did. And I got his autograph. OH YEA. The only thing I had with me for him to sign was map of Paris...which looked shabby against the posters and magazines that others had for him to sign. But I don't care; I have his autograph. I'm cool. Unfortunately, it is the only documentation that I was actually there and met Daniel Criag--lucky for me, my camera died right before I stumbled upon the premiere. Oh well, I'll take the autograph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought his name was; Bond, James Bond

Anonymous said...

You need energizer lithium batteries. They last FOREVER in a digital camera. I would have loved a picture of Daniel Craig *sigh* he's so dreamy....

Unknown said...

you just need an extended battery pack like I have for my big digital camera. last all week of taking pictures nonstop.