Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lions fly; Pigeons walk, Part II

Sunday morning dawned and we had to check out of our hotel. We stashed our luggage in a random side room of the hotel (I didn't feel to safe about this; the door didn't even lock). We had a little bit of free time before we had to rendevous for a museum tour with our Art History professor, so I did a little bit of souvenir shopping. After our tour of the art museum, I was pretty much art-ed out and wasn't going to make it through the next two optional museum tours...so I wandered off. One of my main goals in going to Venice was to buy a Carnaval mask. I spent the next two hours going into every mask shop I could find in Venice and trying on masks. Of course, I found gorgeous masks that I fell in love with...and they were 100 euro and more. I fought with my the entire time, trying to figure out how much money I was willing to spend on a mask. When I finally came up with a sum, I realized I didn't have that much money in my pocket. I guess I'm buying a mask next semester when I go back to Venice. I'm hoping to actually visit Venice during Carnaval and maybe I'll buy a mask then and wear all day. After window shopping, I ended up in the Piazza San Marco and people and pigeon watched. About 1700, we all crowded back onto our water taxi and headed back to the mainland. A long bus ride later, we were home, and happy to be so.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Megan,
Take pictures of the masks. I would love to see the wonderful masks they have there. Aren't you scared walking around a foreign country by yourself?