Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So it begins...

I could probably write a novel about the time since I took off from Detroit to now, sitting in my bed at the Villa Corsi Salviati. But I won't bore you. Instead, here are some interesting observations I have made about my journey and the ways of the Europeans:
1. Air plane food really isn't that bad
2. It really is bread and cheese (or meat) for meals
3. European toliet paper is not kind to your behind
4. There are lizards in Italy
5. City people cannot tell the difference between hens and roosters
6. 2 Euros is a coin
7. German secruity is waaay more lax than American
8. I am the only one at the Villa staying for the entire year
9. I'm living in a Italian-type castle
10. Really? CAN you drink the water?
11. I have a Frankfurt stamp in my passport!
12. There were pumpkin seeds on my roll
Today I suffer from jet lag and time zone confusion...tomorrow is Orientation...and Friday, I'm going to Siena!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear the whole novel! I am sure that there were a lot of things that I'd find funny. And yes, airplane food is gross! Are you sure there were pumpkin seeds on your roll? It seems like they'd be awful big for a roll. I like how you made the European toilet paper thing rhyme. Do they have bidets????

Megan Rae said...

Yes, they were some kind of large nut that tasted like pumpkin seeds. I was surprised too. I got this roll with salami on it, and there were these large nuts on top! I haven't found a bidet yet, but then again, I'm not in France (where they use them more). But the toliets are kind of funny...they don't have the water just chilling in them like our toliets.